01. Which Hogwarts house do you see yourself in and why? This is always a hard question for me to answer because sometimes I see myself in one or the other. But lately and okay, always, I tend to go towards <b>Gryffindor</b> because i'm Neville brave. I don't think Neville's what comes to mind when a lot of people think "Hey! Gryffindor!" but to me... he's the perfect example. He's the first one to be pushed to the background but the first one to try. The first one who wants to help. He's brave on the inside with himself.... and that's how I am.
02. Make a paragraph-long highlight summary of both the Order’s and the Death Eaters’ characteristics and doctrine. Each paragraph should be no longer than ten lines.
Order: The Order is the light. The Order is the Jedi Knight of the wizarding world. The Order is goodness. They are a group of people who want He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Typed stopped. They are people from all walks of life and of all sorts of talent who have come together to work hard for the one thing they want most: to prevent chaos. They also see the world as good and are able to see the wizarding world as a world for everyone not just purebloods.
Death Eaters are a bit more selective on who joins thier little club. They are the dark, the sith, the bad. They follow HWMNBT to the end and back. They bring fear and death behind them. They see the wizarding world as a place for pure only. It seems to me that they may want many things but aren't as willing to work for it like the Order is. I think they believe that because they are born great, then greatness shall follow them.
03. Identify yourself with one (ex)-Order Member and one Death Eater, and explain your choices. I believe I am most like Lupin because he's reserved and lonely. He's most willing to fight for what he thinks is right in a world that shuns him for who he is.
And alright, maybe i'm not shunned but I have eczema and i've had my fair share of haters around these parts. I believe there is good in all of us and I think Lupin does aswell. I think thats what made Lupin such a good teacher. He wants to help see the goodness in people and he wants to see them succeed. He helped Harry learn a spell no matter how many times he failed and he picked Neville when Snape was making him feel quite useless.
For the Death Eater: Snape. I feel like i'm going with the flow for this one but I honestly think he's one I identify with. He's a person who looks at the good and the bad and sees both side of a situation. He's also broken at times and just wants to be left alone. I can relate to being made fun of by peers and just wanting to work and actually just be left alone.
04. What are three qualities of an ideal leader, and why? Please describe a person (literary, historical, etc.) who exemplifies these characteristics. Do not use any examples from the Harry Potter books.
1) Cares for each person they are leading and not just a group. Someone who knows you by name instead of a number or a face they've seen around.
2) Someone willing to take risks for something they believe in even if they may not make it to the end of the journey.
3) Someone who believes so much in what they are fighting for that they are able to explain and/or present the situation to you and you point blank want to follow this person because you know it's right.
This was strange. I don't think I can describe a person that would exemplify these characteristics all together. On one level the first person I truely thought of was Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings to make my point because he was willing to take his risk and follow Frodo to the ends of the Earth to save it.
05. If placed on a mission, would you rather operate alone, with a friend, with a small group of friends or with a large force, and why? Alone. I've always worked well alone. I'm not a good people person and it tends to get in the way of working with someone. Usually, it's tough for me working with very many people unless I know them very well. BUT, if we're talking huge battle scenes then heck I want force people! force!
06. How did you find this community? If you were referred by someone else, please state their LJ name (and, if possible, their camp).</b> I'm not sure. I found it a while back and bookmarked it.... now i'm here.